Shawn Wilson, MAI
President & Owner | Florida State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser RZ503
- MAI member of the Appraisal Institute since 1993
- Member of Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board (FREAB) 2021 – present
- AQB Certified USPAP Instructor 2018-present
- Chair, The Appraisal Foundation
Appraisal Practices Board (APB) 2016-2017
- Member of The Appraisal Foundation
Appraisal Practices Board (APB) 2014-2017
- Member, National Board of Directors of the Appraisal Institute 2011-2014
- Member and Past President of the Association of Eminent Domain Professionals (AEDP)
- Member of the International Right of Way Association (IRWA)
- Florida State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser since 1990
- Guam Certified Non-Resident General Real Estate Appraiser since 2012
- Tennessee State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser since 2014
Has been qualified and presented testimony as an expert witness in the Circuit Courts of Orange, Seminole, Sarasota, Manatee, Polk, DeSoto, Pasco, Lee, Volusia, Hillsborough, Charlotte, Marion, Levy, and Clay Counties in the state of Florida, and in U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Has been qualified and presented testimony as an expert witness for the Value Adjustment Board, Sarasota County, Florida, and for binding arbitration. Has provided consultation services in numerous settlement conferences and court-ordered mediation sessions.
Special Magistrate Appointments
Has been appointed to serve as a Special Magistrate for the Manatee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Sarasota, Charlotte, and Polk County Valuation Adjustment Boards (VAB).
Shawn recently provided litigation support services to me on an eminent domain defense matter. She was very responsive and detail-oriented throughout the process, and helped my client to achieve a good result. Shawn is resourceful, professional and most importantly, a pleasure to work with. I recommend Shawn’s services to anyone who needs real estate appraisal consulting.
– Lori M. Dorman, Esq.
– Alan and Gigi Bates
“Shawn was on the faculty for several of our continuing education seminars for landscape architects and tree/plant appraisers. Her presentations were informative, entertaining and delivered at the appropriate skill level for this unique audience. In responding to our written survey, participants said that they easily understood her presentation of a difficult and new appraisal concept for trees and plants. Her humor and innovative PowerPoint presentation made learning easy and enjoyable. Ms. Wilson’s rating as a speaker exceeded all other presenters and there were numerous requests for a return engagement. “
– Joe Samnik, Consulting Arborist
etc Samnik Seminars